Friday, February 22, 2013

We are advancing!

(2/22)This is from two days ago before my modem committed suicide. I was so full of hope when I wrote this......


(2/20)The all important news is that NC House Bill 84 is going into consideration tomorrow:

THIS IS GREAT NEWS !!!!!

You are hereby notified that the House Committee on Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House will meet as follows:

DAY & DATE: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
TIME: 1:00 PM

The following bills will be considered:

BILL NO.
SHORT TITLE

HB 34
Clarify Indecent Exposure Law.
Representative R. Brown
Representative Moffitt

HB 84
Enact Medical Cannabis Act.
Representative Alexander
Representative Harrison

Respectfully,

Representative Tim Moore, Chair

I immediately got on the phone and called his office, his aid Max was happy to hear my opinion and passed on the support for the bill. Our phone calls, stories, emails, its all paid off. I don't even think I am going to be able to sleep tonight I am so excited about this news. I am sure he has a voice mail, so even after the office is closed. Leave a voice mail for him to hear in the morning or an email for him to see. We have to show our overwhelming support for this. This is Tim Moore's contact information:
" The sick are already classified as the sick; do not continue to punish them by classifying them as criminals as well " -Stacey Jefferson
Side note, I just got hired at KGB!!!!!!! WOOO HOOOOO
Have to say I am very excited to pull down the phone actress gig to a part time thing, I think it was starting to get to me. haha
So far I have contacted all the representatives from Guilford and Alamance
Looks like its going to be a long night of leaving voice mails for representative for this girl, don't let me do it alone peoples! MAKE THOSE PHONE CALLS!!!!!! SEND THOSE EMAILS!!!! 
We can do this!
I also emailed the Burlington Times News and asked for my editorial to be published in tomorrow's edition, he said it shouldn't be a problem. Super stoked about my first publication on this issue besides my lovely blog. Volunteering is an amazing experience, I recommend it for everyone.
Mom, this one is for you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment