Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Agree to Disagree

Took a few sick days, now I am back at it. I missed you blog, got a lot to say today.

I first want to say that I am so proud of the supporters from last Wednesday that showed so much support from the backlash after the legislative meeting. We were treated extremely cruel but its not secret now. I have found dozens of blogs, tweets, etc... full of out rage at the way this bill was treated. I have few moments that I put my faith in people, this would be one of them. I am so proud of everyone finding their inner advocate.

 I want to share this twitter profile which is loaded with information about hemp, I am have seen tweets about many uses of the plant. If you don't follow it, as a support you should.

https://twitter.com/Time4Hemp

My life has been touched by so many that the users of medical marijuana the stories are endless. A perspective of this wonderful plant is the impact that hemp can make on our dying economy. Farmers going back to work and how much cheaper mass producing hemp for many products. I was reading a particular article of interest about hemp and fuel. Everyone wants to save a dollar at the gas pump or natural gas bill. According to this article, hemp could be our soultion. Educate yourself, please read.

http://www.kentucky.com/2013/02/26/2532443/hemp-has-untapped-market-in-biofuels.html

In the 1930's Hemp got caught up in a war aganist the cotton industry which birthed the Controlled Substance Act and a thorn in all of our sides. You can learn about that here:

http://youtu.be/Ngc0_mQ5tjE

This is a black and white information bit made during WW 2, loaded with information. All good advocates should watch this.


 Let me begin by making something very clear, hemp is not marijuana. "Of course, few sensible growers of marijuana would raise their plants in a hemp field. The two varieties would cross-pollinate, severely lowering the pot's THC content and rendering it all but useless medicinally or as a recreational drug." Quote taken from this article: http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb/25/opinion/la-ed-hemp-legalize-cultivation-congress-20130225


Research the uses of this fine morning I have even learned a few facts myself. Not only does this amazing multi use plant makes the obvious of clothing, rope, lotions and oils; there has been a hemp....car?
 
Henry Ford's first Model-T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the car itself was constructed from hemp. On his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, 'grown from the soil,' had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.

www.hempcar.org

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/02/the-kestrel-is-the-worlds-first-production-ready-hemp-car.html

I will call this part 1, I am starting to get very sleepy and need a nap. I am going to read more about hemp and see where I want to go with it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment