Friday, February 15, 2013

Put a little color in your life


Lovely days are ahead. Lots of positive events within the quest for cannabis took place on this wonderful day.

First of all, I got my first go ahead on publication of my editorial from the Burlington Times News :-)
Sadly I was instructed to make it cut it down to 750 words. I did my best revision feasibly possible only reducing to 940. I pleaded with him to make it work, and he said he replied: Lets give it a go! STOKED!

I was also faced with a republican opponent on the phone, the office did return my call. The office of Dennis Riddle (R)l, the secretary returned my call and sadly her name escapes me. I had nothing written down but lucky for me she called while I was shortening above editorial. Of course I asked if the representative she was employed supported or opposed the bill. She wasn't sure but wanted my feedback and opinion to pass on to him to form his opinion. I briefly went through the story of my mother, the economic advantages, and pleaded for him to open his mind and set aside anything negative associated with the plant. All this could be regulated with a Yes when it comes time to vote.

She told she was touched by my story and took down all my contact information for the representative to speak with me on this issue. She applaud me for volunteering my time for any cause and she wished me hope in all the goals within my belief. It was a truly amazing feeling to get such a polite and wonderful response from a person. The fact that she was a voice for a republican and female put the icing on the cake for me. She made me feel special in quite a unique way.

Also, I spoke with the vice president of the North Carolina chapter of NORML via email. Submitting a resume to know what my professional life has been like and a complete copy of my editorial that I am pushing for publication. He too was touched by my story and impressed with my medical background. I feel assured he felt that I was true and sincere about my cause. He wants to meet me personally to discuss further how I can be of assistance to raise awareness on our cause

I am very thrilled about this for many reason. Deep in my heart of hearts I had a secert aspiration to be an activist for some cause that was dear to me. I have had this dream for as long as I can remember. Its truly something I kept to myself for fear of loosing the dream to others who didn't believe I would amount to anything. It was the one aspiration I kept close and deep in my heart, one that I never ever wanted to loose. I am hoping with all this positivity surrounding what I am doing, this could be a huge chance for my dream to come true. I wanted to be remember as the woman that stood up, when standing wasn't easy. A dream of dreams that would make my life complete spiritually.

Proving on a daily basis that good things come to those who put forth a tremendous to anything they believe in.

Each day I am going to copy and paste some facts from www.norml.org so that you can read about me, and do some learning. Educating myself is how I have made it this far. I haven't been given the opportunity to go to school much, but that never stopped me from continuing to learn.

Excerpt from Marijuana: A Primer

Marijuana is the third most popular recreational drug in America (behind only alcohol and tobacco), and has been used by nearly 100 million Americans. According to government surveys, some 25 million Americans have smoked marijuana in the past year, and more than 14 million do so regularly despite harsh laws against its use. Our public policies should reflect this reality, not deny it.


So I know our fight is for NC, but did I not say that VA made so much off of us because they had the Lottery since 1986? 486 Billion thats is all I am saying.

Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, Tea Party favorite and presumed Republican candidate for Governor, opened up on his views regarding marijuana legalization while addressing a group of students at the University of Virginia this week.


When asked how he felt about Colorado and Washington legalizing the adult use and commercial production and sale of marijuana in November, the conservative politico caught many off guard with his answer.

“I don’t have a problem with states experimenting with this sort of thing I think that’s the role of states,” Cuccinelli stated, “I’m not sure about Virginia’s future [re: marijuana legalization], but I and a lot of people are watching Colorado and Washington to see how it plays out.”

Twice during the talk Attorney General Cuccinelli referred to his views on the subject as “evolving.”





No comments:

Post a Comment